Saturday 11 October 2014

How to Survive on Minecraft | Theo's Gaming Corner


*This is my brother, Theo, who is going to turn ten years old on Monday. He has a passion for video games and he wants to, one day, start his own gaming blog or Youtube channel. Therefore, I thought that he could do a post on my blog every so often - to split my posts up and to let him have a go himself. Hope you enjoy (please be nice!)*

I've been playing Minecraft for almost a year. I originally played it on my laptop but now I only play it on my PS3 because my friend plays it on his PlayStation so we go online together.
Minecraft is a game where you can play in Creative mode or Survival mode. I prefer playing in Survival mode because it's more intense and you have to work for things! In this blog post, I'll be giving you some tips on how to survive on Minecraft, in Survival mode.

1. First thing you've got to do is look at your surroundings and see what situation you are in. For example, if you are on an island in the middle of the sea then you can't really survive for long because there's limited resources of wood and other building supplies.

2. If you are in a good situation, try and find the nearest supply of wood - like a tree - so you can prepare yourself for the first night, which is always the hardest!

3. Once you've got a good amount of wood, you can go into your crafting menu (square on a PS3 controller) and use four wood logs to make wooden planks. You do so because it is the easiest and simplest way of making a shelter.

4. Once you've made lots of wooden planks, you can begin to build a shelter. If you press L2 on the controller you place down a wooden plank and you can keep doing this until you get a big square that has five planks on each side. Afterwards you can build your roof. You need a shelter so, when it turns to nighttime, you don't get killed by mobs or creepers.

5. Another thing you have to do to ensure you survive is to find the nearest food supply (like a pig, cow or chicken) and kill them with a sword. Then you can cook them in a furnace with coal. Once you eat, your hunger goes straight up which means you can start your adrenalin-filled adventure.

I hope these tips help you and if you'd like another blog post to do with gaming, let me know. Hope you enjoyed.

Adios amigo!

No comments:

Post a Comment